Though Vinícola Emeve is a blend of both Californian and Mexican viticulture roots, owner Mario Villarreal and winemaker/enologist Reynaldo Rodriguez have seemed to settle the beginnings of a great Valle de Guadalupe tradition with a fresh and elegant product that has a great balance between good acidity and tannins. This seems to be what Baja wines are all about. A wine lover’s wine that reflects the cultural of Mexico whose passions run as rich as their soil. Rodriguez (an Ensenada native who received his formal training in Spain) and Villarreal obtained cuttings from the University of California. The combination has proven fantastic in the way of artisanal wines that are wonderfully accessible for every palate.
Most popular Emevé blends: “Armonía de Tintos” is a mix of Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Shiraz which gives you a ripe dark fruit finish with notes of tobacco and vanilla from aging in French oak.
Varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, tempranillo, Primitivo, Mourverdre, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier
Tasting Fee: The tasting room is open from Tuesday to Sunday; between the hours of 12:00 to 6:00 pm. Tastings at a cost of $70.00, $100.00 and $120.00 pesos, which consists of three wines and is accompanied by an appetizer, either cheese or olives.
Reservation Required: No
Address: Vinicola Emevé – El Mejor Vin, Camino San Jose de la Z. Ejido. Porvenir
- Take the scenic Highway 1 (share) south to Ensenada.
- Continue on until you get to share the booth Ensenada.
- A few miles before entering Ensenada, take Highway # 3 (towards Tecate or Wine Route).
- Continue 17.5 miles on the road no. 3 crosses the Guadalupe River
- crossing the river turn left and find Guadalupe, proceed 3.5 miles pass the wine and Chateau Camou Monte Xanic.
- At Stop sign (IMSS) in Turn right and proceed ½ mile more
Phone: (664) 634-1080, +52 646 156 8019